|Lamb, Feta and Spinach Pasta|
Keep everyone happy with two pasta meals designed to please both kids and adults!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 400g dried penne pasta
- 500g lamb sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 690ml jar Italian tomato pasta sauce
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 75g Danish feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden rosemary paste
- Crusty bread, to serve
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cut sausage casings lengthways. Squeeze out sausage meat. Discard casings.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add sausage meat and onion. Cook, using a wooden spoon to break up sausage meat, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Add feta, spinach and rosemary to remaining sauce mixture in pan. Toss over low heat until spinach has just wilted. Serve with remaining pasta and bread.