|Spicy Beef Noodles|
Try this simple spicy beef noodle recipe at home and enjoy it with your love ones.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 180g dried rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut or vegetable oil
- 500g beef strips
- 4 tbs (100g) red curry paste
- 250g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) beef stock or water
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Coriander sprigs and lime halves, to serve
- Soak noodles in a large bowl of boiling water, covered, for 5 minutes or until just soft. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add half the beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes to brown. Remove and set aside, then repeat with another tablespoon of oil and remaining beef.
- Stir-fry curry paste and remaining oil in the wok for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add beef and corn, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add fish sauce, sugar, stock and lime leaves, and stir-fry for 1 minute. A
- dd noodles and nuts, if using, and toss to heat through. Serve with coriander and lime.