|Red Pesto Pasta|
Another pesto pasta recipe that will give you joy this Christmas season with your family.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 4 red capsicum, quartered
- olive oil cooking spray
- 150g semi-dried tomatoes in brine, drained
- 1/4 cup almonds, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g pecorino cheese, grated
- 500g packet rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat grill on high heat. Place capsicum, skin-side up, on a grill tray. Spray with oil. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until skin is black and blistered. Transfer to a plastic bag. Twist top to seal and stand for 5 minutes.
2. Peel and discard skin from capsicum. Place capsicum, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, cheese and 1/4 cup cold water in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add extra water if mixture is too thick.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
4. Drain pasta and return to pan. Add pesto and parsley. Toss over low heat until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.